Wednesday, April 28, 2010

odds and ends

Not much music lately. I seem to be taking a break. Although I felt the need to commit the following thought to this blog: I am passing up the Neil Young show in a few weeks. The great man is doing a solo acoustic tour, and I just can't quite justify the $100+ ticket. If I had never seen him before, then maybe. But I'm a veteran of 3 Neil Young concerts--1996, 2000, and 2003--and, much as I'd love to see him again, that's a steep price.

On the other hand, I'd pay $22 to see Crooked Still again. And I just did: they're up in Shelburne Falls in a couple of weeks.

I see that Loudon will be at the Iron Horse again this summer. The Nields, Richard Shindell, and Cheryl Wheeler this fall. Chris Smither will be in Norfolk, CT in a few weeks, and I might have to go out of my way for that one. After all, he's the greatest.

No comments: